Revision and Exam Support at JOG
With examinations, there comes an element of stress, challenge and anxiety for all students, but also for parents who have the difficult task of supporting from the sidelines. That is why we have put together a package of support, as part of our GCSE offer, that aims to support the whole student both at school and home.
All students will receive:
- a launch assembly focusing on healthy habits and wellbeing
- a launch assembly on the ‘best bets’ in terms of research evidenced revision strategies – we call this the R.E.V.I.S.E approach
- support in creating a revision timetable alongside their tutor
- a series of tutorial sessions focused on each of the R.E.V.I.S.E strategies
- two consultation evenings, the second of which focuses on targeted guidance for all subjects on key priorities
- support with revision resources via our TEAMS area – GCSE Revision
- a range of intervention and revision groups, reviewed yearly, to ensure that what we offer is bespoke to needs and individuals. You can find this here: Intervention Schedule
- access to GCSE Pod which is an online platform that uses scientifically proven learning techniques. Access is gained from a tile on students’ Microsoft 365 home page. Learning is delivered to students in the form of ‘Pods’. Each ‘Pod’ is a micro byte of 3-5 minutes of high-quality audio-visual learning. Using two senses (sight and sound) in tandem (dual coding) is proven to help learners absorb, retain, and recall subject knowledge, and keeping our Pods short allows us to engage students without overwhelming them with too much information too quickly. There are also a range of check and challenge quizzes and teachers can also set assignments via GCSE Pod as part of homework and revision.
- There is also comprehensive support for parents and carers on how you might best support your child with GCSE Pod as well as other top tips, if you go here: https://www.gcsepod.com/parent-resources/
Here are the resources that make up part of our support so that you are able to use the same approach, reinforce the same messages and help your child to navigate the exam season in the best way possible.