Parent School Association
All parents of students at John O'Gaunt School have automatic membership of the Association, as do all members of staff. An Annual General Meeting is held each September and at the last AGM, the following people were elected:
- Chair - Jon Shatford
- Secretary - Deborah Arden-Hunt
- Treasurer - Samantha Braidwood
The PSA organises regular fundraising activities at school such as school discos, quizzes, raffles and social evenings. Please keep an eye on the calendar for details of future fundraising events. We also support the school by providing refreshments for many school events.
If you work for Vodafone or another company who provides a fundraising matching scheme, please contact the Chair via the school office, to discuss. Thank you to all those parents who have already helped with fundraising.
Forthcoming PSA Events: TBC
Due to Covid19 regulations we are unable to have social gatherings at the moment. However, the new committee will look at how they can continue fundraising in a socially distanced way. We will update you regularly.
Join Our Committee
We are always looking for new parents to join the committee. We're a friendly bunch that meets approximately twice a term. It doesn't matter if you can't make every meeting.
Help at Our Events
We have a number of parents who are happy to be contacted if we need help with catering, social media, advertising etc for specific events. Please let us know if we can add you to this list.
If you shop online via The Giving Machine we can earn money every time you buy something - but it doesn't cost you a penny! Go to Find a Cause and enter 'John' in the search box and scroll down to find us. So far we have raised nearly £1,000 this way so it's really worth signing up.
Donate to the PSA
- Raffle and auction prizes are always needed and parents have donated a range of fantastic prizes. We keep these in stock, so if you have an unwanted new gift, please let us have it.
- 'Nearly new' - if you have any items (clothes, household goods etc) in very good condition then we can sell them on eBay.
- We also have a second-hand uniform shop, so please contact us if you need anything.
- Some parents who can't make our events prefer to make donations to the PSA.
- To contact the PSA please leave a message with the school office and someone will return your call.