Transition - Sept 2020
WELCOME TO JOHN O'GAUNT SCHOOL
We are thrilled that you and your child will be joining us in September as we build on our good Ofsted and the large cohort of new students. As a member of the Excalibur Academies Trust, you have chosen a school which is part of a strong network and one which puts the children they serve at the heart of the school community.
We strive to carefully cultivate an environment that is international in its outlook, and which encourages independent learners whose individual potential can be realised.
- Every child should feel happy and safe in school
- Every child is challenged to exceed their own expectations
- Every child has access to a wide range of additional learning experiences
- Every child should have high standards of ethical behaviour and respect other’s differences
- Every child should feel secure that there are people here to help if they’re having a tough time
We believe John O’Gaunt School can provide a challenging, yet nurturing learning experience for all its students, and we look forward to the months and years ahead.
Whilst we aren’t able to do all the things in order to welcome and transition your child at present, we are planning to be able to do so when circumstances allow. In the meantime, please do contact the school with any queries you may have; we’d be delighted to assist you.
We look forward to your child joining us in September.
Mr Ian Tucker - Executive Principal Mr Richard Hawthorne - Head of School
Please find below the documents being sent home to assist with Transition to Secondary in September, plus some transition activities your child might like to do over the summer.
To view our Virtual School Tour with welcome messages, plus some answers to questions you may have, please click on the clips below: