Governors have a key role to play in helping John O'Gaunt provide the best possible education for all its students.
The School Standards and Framework Act 1998 strengthens that role by giving governing bodies a specific responsibility for helping to raise standards. To succeed in that role, governors do not need to be education professionals. The Governing Body at John O'Gaunt is made up of parents/guardians, members of the local community, teaching staff and non-teaching staff, all of whom give their time and skills voluntarily.
Click on the links below for information about each of our governors.
Chair of Governors - Mrs Lucy Lee - (Mrs Lee can be contacted either at the school address or by email)
Governor biographies and Link Governor roles:
- Michele Barley - AIP - Leadership and Management
- Dana Brown - SEND
- Nicola Chester - Pupil Premium
- Simon Flanagan - AIP - Personal Development (Careers)
- Lucy Lee - Chair of Governors; AIP - Behaviour and Attitude
- Gary Minnitt - AIP - Behaviour and Attitude
- Mike Morecroft - AIP - Quality of Education
- Clive Rothwell - Vice Chair; Finance; AIP - Quality of Education (Standards)
- Chris Waldon - Vice Chair; H&S Governor; AIP - Leadership and Management
- Debbie Wright - Safeguarding; AIP - Quality of Education
If you are interested in becoming a school governor, or have any questions for the governing body, please contact the Clerk on 01488 682400 or by email.